A large number of methods can be used to produce hydrogen gas. The choice of method depends on the quantity of hydrogen desired, the purity required, and the availability and cost of raw materials as well. Among all the process frequently used are the reaction of metals with water or acids, the electrolysis of water, the reaction of steam with hydrocarbons or other organic materials, and also the thermal decomposition of hydrocarbons.
- Knowel's Type Electrolytic Cells
- Electrolysis of Water
- Hydrogen Generator Model G 16/d
Process description: For the production of hydrogen gas through electrolytic Knowel's cells follows the below mentioned process:
- To avoid em brittling between Hydrogen & Caustic soda, the
use of special quality electrodes is good to weld the tanks and
- C.R.C Sheets are kept in use to produce bells which is mostly
recommended for Caustic soda handling.
- Asbestos diaphragm cloth is manufactured with 100% pure fiber
asbestos without any trace of cellulose core. They are so closely
woven that one can't find even a single pin hole.
- There is always a cloth with extra length to avoid bye-passing in
- High temperature is best suited to test ebonite insulators
against warping by Merger for infinity resistance.
- Strictness in supervision is recommended for anodes nickelling which needs at least 0.002 thick coarse deposit. Pores of each plate is already chemical tested before they are used.
Electrolysis of water:
The second method that we adopt for manufacturing of gas plants is the process of electrolysis of water. When electric current is passed through water, Water (H2O) is decomposed into Oxygen (O2) and Hydrogen (H2) and this process is known as Electrolysis of Water.
Process description: An electrical power source is connected to two electrodes, (its made of some inert metal such as platinum or stainless steel) which are placed in the water. Hydrogen will appear at the cathode. This is the positively charged electrode, where electrons are pumped into the water. Oxygen appears at the anode. This is the negatively charged electrode. In this process, the amount of Hydrogen generated is twice than the amount of Oxygen, and both are proportional to the total electrical charge that was sent through the water.
Equations: A reduction reaction is taken place at the negatively charged cathode in the water with electrons from the cathode being given to hydrogen cations to form hydrogen gas:
- H2O is divided into ------ 1/2 O2 + H2
Composition of G16/d Generator:
- N.1 Electrolytic cells which includes support slide and fixing belts in inox steel.
- Inox steel is comprised of all appropriate connections and pipelines.
- At the lower layer structural tank in inox steel,
takes care of the restraining of liquids available in the generator
- Painted and fixed carbonium steel skid of the structural
tank guarantees a complete painting in itself.
- For shell composition, 4 varied types of compartments are in use. They can be described as A-cells, B-transformer C- electrical and electronics parts D- electro pneumatics devices.
Inox steel made Internal Tanks have bi-phasic separator, with condensators with air and liquid exchangers. Other necessary devices for gas treatment e.g. pressure balancing and regulation are also available there. Automatic discharge of condenses is also in use. Threaded connection & pipelines in inox steel AISI304. The required cooling gases by internal exchangers by tube is made available from the separators group. N.1 process off-gas discharges device. A systematic pipeline is there to discharge externally from cabinet the Oxygen & hydrogen process off-gas from generator.
Our Plant Performance:
- Hydrogen - 10.66 Nm3 / h
- Hydrogen purity > 99. 999%
- Oxygen 5.33 Nm3 / h
- Oxygen Purity > 99.5%
- Produced gas pressure 4 bar (r)
|Gas pressure (Knowel's Cell)
In the low pressure gas holders, a maximum of 250 mm of water column is required for storage. For unnecessary oxygen ventilation in the atmosphere, there is a pressure balancing tank.
(In filter press type) : NIL
(In Knowel type) : If even a minor leakage of gases is detected, Caustic atmosphere can be created in the cell room.
(In filter press type) : NI
(In Knowel type) :
The advantages of hydrogen gas plants:
Liquid hydrogen gas plant has many applications in this era of science and technology. Because the hydrogen produced by our plants are of superior quality and they are almost 99% pure, they have found applications in various area such as :
- Plays its role as a hydrogenation agent in Sorbitol, Mannitol &
other chemicals' production.
- Acts as a reducing agent & protectiveness in the non-ferrous
- Importantly plays a role as a hydrogenation agent in the
margarine and edible oil industry.
- Its also known as a cooling agent for the turbo generators in
- Used as filling gas for meteorological balloons.
- Its required for welding and cutting purposes.
- Known as synthesis gas for ammonia synthesis in the Chemical
- A need for semiconductors manufacturing process.
- One can't forget it while manufacturing of high purity metals.
Why our hydrogen gas plants?
Giving the world our best has had been our motto. So, our gas plants are:
- An agglomeration of quality and productivity.
- They are durable.
- They are user friendly.
- The hydrogen plants are highly safe.
- Our liquid hydrogen gas plants produce purity upto 99.9%.
- Easy maintenance and cost effective as well.
- Easy availability of spare parts.
- Trouble free operation for years.
- Client satisfaction comes in the forefront.
The ErreDue generator produces hydrogen and oxygen gases perfectly separated one by the other, through electrolytic dissociation process of water molecules; for this process the generator needs for its functionality, demineralized water and electrical power supply connection.
To be immediately useful, for many applications, the gas is directly produced at the needed operating pressure and with the appropriate quality characteristics. In the applications which need an higher title value, can be provided with an additional purificator devices or, for bigger generators, the additional purificator device can be included into the generator itself.
The ErreDue guaranteed quality, the safe and ecological characteristics of the produced gases, and the low price operating costs, together with other important characteristics, make it a front liner on the technology currently available on the market.
The quality of the ERREDUE generators is guaranteed by a redundancy of sensors and analysers, as well as by the hard selection of all employed components.
ERREDUE s.r.l. is a Company operating in projection, construction and sale of ON SITE gas generators, with relevant accessories for special applications. ERREDUE s.r.l. can supply: hydrogen and oxygen generators, using electrolytic dissociation process of water molecules oxygen generators and nitrogen generators using PSA process (compressed air filtration).
The most common applications of hydrogen produced by ERREDUE generators are:
- HYDROGEN - common applications
- Welding and Brazing
- Heating treatmentfurnaces
- Sintering furnaces
- Glass and Crystaltreatment
- Margarines and fatshydrogenation
- Fuell Cell